Chicken Police - Paint

I knew better than to review Chicken Police - Paint IT Red! Just before the deadline for my last items, but at the second when I saw the trailer, I could not resist. What's better than a black mystery where the detective is a chicken ... and his partner is also a chicken? There is really nothing better than opening, which opens onto a large empty city and a solitary black car, only to zoom in to reveal a chicken in a leather coat. That's all for me. And look at the trailer: it's amazing.

Chicken font is like Humphrey Bogart meets zootopia. First of all, it's a senseless phrase and I am happy to have reached a point of my life where I can write it. Secondly, this means that Santino Featherland, a finding close to retirement looking for a cigarette on the New Year's Eve, is exactly like you expect to be, except, of course, that it is a chicken. The world is not just a copy of ours, although it is similar in many ways, the city in which the game does not have any correspondence in the real world.

Each character of the game has a normal human body and an animal head with feathers, fur or scales on their body. The artistic style is unique, with photorealistic bodies with animal heads glued. Do not worry: If you want to see how their body works, you will do it because there is a lot of tasteful animal nudity.

The black decor is the strength of this game. The story is delighted with the kind, happily recreating familiar black tropes with animal twists. It's very fun to explore Clawville, meet the different characters and discover new places. The story never forgets the animal nature of the characters, so it does not seem that it would be the same game without this aspect, even if the plot is quite basic.

I guessed the final torsion about three-quarters of the path (there is a moment when they introduce the existence of a new character where it is almost impossible not to do it), but I was always invested for Finish it. Where I was a little tired, it was with a repetition of the theme - it's hard to make a hard black for half a dozen hours without the story getting tired a little. The story makes fun of the genre (my favorite was a bar counter with where all the colors have passed? ), But even with all the jokes, it ends up becoming monotonous.

The only mechanical aspect of the game that made me crazy was linked to the dialogue. In many games, the player can click on the dialogue because when you press the Ignore button the first time, it immediately gives you the whole line instead of making you wait for the parchment to match the characters who speak. However, if you are a quick reader and you play this game, you are quite fucked, because if you bother the dialogue, it will soon skip to both voice narration and the corresponding legend. There are also small but persistent spelling and grammar mistakes that should have been detected by a good publisher.

Developers should be somewhat aware of the problem of dialogue because you can replay all the conversation you have at any time, but it's fast tiring, as it does not solve the initial problem: have to listen to whole sections of dialogue without being able to read it quickly.

And these characters like to talk well. Part of the reason I was a little fed up with the black decor was that Marty and Santino were constantly - Consider - comment on it. It's a double-edged sword because it would probably not have been a problem if I could just read the dialogue at my own rhythm, but there were so many repetitive jokes between Santino and his partner Marty that sometimes I wanted to throw A brick to them, preferably an attaché with a red ribbon that said something sinister written in the blood. It is necessary to adapt the aesthetics, after all.

A narrative decision I put in question was the question of animal equality between the species (I Recontée you were like Zootopia!). There are tensions of species between prey and predators, but also between mammals and insects, the latter being oppressed and forced to live in ghettos. The real life analogue is quite clear, and the constant jokes of the characters on other animal species are squeaky because they would explicitly denounce to be racist.

Call me too sensitive, but if you are going to set up a world with an oppression system and that the characters joke a lot, to the point that they denounce to not be politically correct , so I do not go not love him. I do not think the motivations of those who created the story were bad, I just think that the temptation to make a lot of jokes on animals when your characters are all people with animal heads was too difficult to overcome , and it has hurt the story because of that.

So we have the main characters who constantly make fun of each other then who exclaimed loudly: Hey! It was racist! And remember, it's not as if the kind of someone had no real consequences in Chicken Police, because people, including the main character, emit radical judgments according to his species.

When a suspect snake turns out to be a good guy, it should be a moment of learning for Santino, but the constant battles of jokes against the intrigue mean that the whole game is divided between wanting to tackle serious problems and wanting to make another joke on a cock comb. And before anyone throws a brick on Moi , when a story spends as much time talking about inter-species racism that it is a just criticism.

It's a hard game to see again because its strengths are also its weaknesses, and although I have a lot of reason to complain, I think it's in the way of Dragon Age: I loved it So I want it to be better - and Dragon Age: Origins is my favorite game of all time. Chicken Police - Paint it in red! has style and panache with shovel. The construction of the world is interesting, the puzzle gameplay was fun and the dubbing was very strong. I like Santino Featherland and his partner Marty, and even more surprisingly, I also like a lot of secondary characters. I am obsessed with Archibald, the gangster with impeccable French accent.

But unfortunately, despite linked love and humor, boring dialogue mechanisms highlight the repetition inherent in the genre. Yet, I want to see more about Clawville: it's still time for this dirty city to shoot a new page.

Oh, just one last thing: if one of the developers has already read this review, I saw these Cowboy Bebop references and I worshiped them.

Good

Funny Unique Stylistic Large dubbing Autheriferential

75

The bad

Capricious mechanics Dialogue problems Repetitive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get a Dolo Tonight backpack in Roblox Dolo Tonight CONCERT EXPERIENCE

Erdmann negotiation continues on Monday

NBA News, Dallas Mavericks: Plan for Starting Five is in training camp